JBRL and Hot Rod Hobbies Forum Index JBRL and Hot Rod Hobbies
Home of the Jimmy Babcock R/C Racing League

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sportsman 1/10 Stadium Truck Rules?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JBRL and Hot Rod Hobbies Forum Index -> Club Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DroopysGarage
Sportsman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Sportsman 1/10 Stadium Truck Rules? Reply with quote

kinda curious as to the motor and esc rule with that class...is it the same as 2wd Sportsman SC in the aspect of 17.5 with an esc that can be boosted? or is it no boost(prefer no boost). im wanting to try my luck in 1/10 stadium truck because it was a fun class for me a long time ago before the sc truck craze started. would like a solid answer from the rule makers before i start looking into motor and esc combos. the truck itself will be a production 2wd stadium truck but its not current.
Kent Beal
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, please call the shop to double check

1/10 class is open motor rules. Most tend to run boosted 17.5 or mod.
DroopysGarage
Sportsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about that but most the time the regulars such as yourself are usually a quicker answer. i was hoping for more of a 17.5 rule since i wanna actualy race but not get mowed down by guys in the same class with a 5.5 motor. i can over power my rig just like anyone else can but i want a sportsman trophy one day and mod is old news since i already got one of those trophys on the shelf. still waiting on a few bits and pieces to show up in the mail and for the next series to start. thanks for the response.
brodyman
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First there is no Spt. 1/10 truck class. there is just Spt 1/10 and Exp 1/10
both are open motor and open to 1/10 truck, 1/10 buggy, but if you want 17.5 there is Spt. SC but Spt. SC runs boost .if you are looking for a stock class BOX STOCK 2WD brushed slash is back in the new july- aug run but its stock everything tires, motor, servo,radio you can switch to RPM if you snap and arm or a shock tower, but no alum. hope this helps you with your esc and motor looking
DroopysGarage
Sportsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna be running a stadium truck...havent seriously raced one in almost 15 years...i wanna race a class that is open wheel again because i had so much fun back in the day...now im not saying driving sc is easy im just saying its alot eaiser than 2wd stadium truck because if you touch tires in that class then you both lose and are on your roofs or into the pipe....sc you can lean on a fender. since i cant run my 2wd buggy and 2wd truck at the same time im gonna focus on the truck at the moment and then maybe buggy the next series after this one...this is all depending on if i will have the time to come out and run...newborn boy has my time occupied at the moment Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JBRL and Hot Rod Hobbies Forum Index -> Club Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: